So this morning awoke with a little wordpress notification – which I thought was a little strange as I haven’t posted anything on here for a couple of weeks as I’ve been having a break and sorting out those little things at the bottom of your to-d list that you never seem to get round to doing. Anyway it turns out that Giggling Fattie over at noloveforfatties has nominated me for a Liebster Award! so yayayaya my first ever blogging award nomination! – Virtual Drinks on me!
I have seen a few different blogging awards pop up on a few of the blogs a I follow but I pretty much figured that you have to be doing this a bit longer than a few months before anyone would consider nominating you. Seem I was wrong. So thank you so much Giggling Fattie for nominating me and that whole ‘you are doing good kid, keep it up’ vibe this thing sends you. I love reading your blog and especially hearing about all the little adventures that happen while you’re teaching!
The way this award works (for those who may not know) is pretty simple you just have to follow these straightforward rules;
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you
- Nominate 11 bloggers that you think are deserving of the award but more importantly help to promote newer bloggers with fewer followers.
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them (you can create a pingback by copy and pasting the URL of a specific post into your blog. It doesn’t work with the home page, but any other post will work. Their most recent, ot perhaps your favourite one?)
- Give them 11 questions of your own to answer
Cheers again to Giggling Fattie for nominating me it really has made my day!
These are the questions that Giggling Fattie wanted me to answer, so here goes;
What is the most disgusting thing you’ve ever eaten?
hmmmmm, Ok so I’m not known for my incredible adventurous foodie habits – I tend to stick to something safe. Also I think what is disgusting is a very opinionistic thing so while I am going to say this actually tasted alright, the idea of it to most people is pobably disgusting. So, this one time, at Scout Summer camp, we had a midnight BBQ (kind of a tradition where we try and source ‘exotic’ meats) and having failed to source much the leaders had come back from the butchers with sheeps testicles. Yep thats right we ate BBQ sheeps testicles and for the record they taste like chicken.
The worst book you’re read/movie you’ve seen?
The break-up with Jennifer Anniston and Vince Vaughan. The only film I have ever waked out of the cinema for – it was rubbish. The only thing I can remember is them arguing over lemons or something so yeah that good.
The worst vacation you’ve ever been on?
Sorry but in England we call it a holiday -haha
And to burst the whole negative vibe going on here but I can’t really pick one out. I don’t think I’ve ever had a bad holiday, sure there are bad bits in every holiday but I always generally have a good time so I can’t pick one.
The worst gift you’ve ever received?
Hahah – Ok so my birthday is September, just before University term starts and for my birthday that I was starting Uni the next week or so the guy I was seeing at the time got me a load of stationary. Practical yes and definitely not what I was expecting or really wanted either. Needless to say he didn’t last long.
Worse style phase you went through (for me it was blue eye shadow and green lipstick at the same time…ooo the late 90’s were not good to me)
I’ve never really been a big follower of fashion etc – I’m one of those girls who barely know how to use make-up properly. For most of my life my style was practical. And by that I mean some form of trackies/joggers, t-shirt and trainers. You see I swam so lived at the pool/gym – also I like to be comfortable. I guess I look back and hate the ‘bob’ type hairstyle I had for a while -my scouting friends nicknamed me Forlan after this guy for a while.
The worst date you’ve ever been on?
Having never been on a date I guess my answer is N/A. I always seemed to go from friend into relationship so the whole dating world is something I have never entered.
Worst pick-up line you’ve ever heard?
Again, not much exposure to this, although the ones that I hear that I think are the worst but I also kind of like are those that involve puns -if that makes sense? But I can’t think of a specific one right now.
Worst job you’ve ever had?
The only job I have had was as a swimming teacher and lifeguard (kinda 2 jobs rolled into 1). The worst bit about that was the cleaning of the toilets and showers at the end of the day. Think your bathroom but much, much worse, and yes girls are worse than boys.
here was this maths teacher back in my high school called Mr. Keane (incidentally his first name was actually joe -get it?) he was rubbish. He cared more about being your mate than actually teaching you stuff, which became a problem when you are top set and set 3 do better in an exam than your class. This happened to my brother, and the full force of my mum stepped in and when straight to the headmaster. Procedures were put into place and a few months later he was told to leave or be sacked.
Biggest regret from the last 72 hours?
Errr not writing as much on my thesis as I wanted to on Friday
Worst personality trait?
I can be ridiculously stubborn when I want to be
Right Ok So here are my questions for my nominees;
- What is your favourite type of weather?
- Describe a typical day-in-the-life-of you
- If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- You are holding a dinner party, what would you server (including drinks) assuming you are awesome and can cook whatever you want.
- At this dinner party you have room for 4 other people, who would you invite? (they can be famous or not, alive or dead)
- What is your favourite animal and why?
- Everyone has a guilty pleasure -what’s yours?
- an important one – Bath or Shower?
- What are you listening/watching right now? (or the last thing you listened to/ watched before writing this?)
- We all have people that inspire us, from friends and family to celebrities. Tell me about someone who inspires you.
- I love sport and as it is an Olympic year, if you could win Gold in Rio at any Olympic or Paralympic event. Which would you choose and why?
Feel free to answer these questions regardless of whether you are a nominee I’d love to hear all your answers, however here are my nominees for the Liebster Award because guys
Ich Liebst Du!
Keep up the great blogging guys!
Much Love x